“Dear Breckenridge Stables,
We rode on the 10am horse ride on Saturday, July 21 and I cannot thank you enough for what a positive experience it was from beginning to end. Our daughter was very excited about the idea of riding a horse; however, as a beginner, she was terrified by the actual size of the horses when she got on them. I was really worried that she would be frightened of them and never try to ride again. However, the staff helping to saddle all the riders were very helpful in finding her a slightly smaller horse that would not be as intimidating to her in size and allowing her to ride with a lead at the front of the group.
Our tour guide was Michael and he completely turned around the experience for her. He was so encouraging and really built up her confidence through the ride. He patiently answered all of her questions about every horse’s name, whether it was a girl or a boy, and every plant we passed on the trail. At the end of the ride, my daughter asked me if we could line up and do the whole ride again! She has been begging me for horse riding lessons ever since her ride with Michael’s help.
Thank you so much for such a wonderful experience. Your staff members are outstanding and transformed my daughter from a terrified beginner to an enthusiastic equestrian. Thank you!”
Unfortunately, Hors d’oeuvre rides are unavailable for 2021 Season.
On a Breckenridge Stables Horses and Hors d’oeuvres trail ride, you’ll spend approximately an hour and a half on horseback exploring the beautiful Breckenridge scenery between Peaks 9 and 10 on the 10 mile range above Breckenridge. After your adventures crossing rivers, riding beside beaver ponds and taking in the breathtaking panoramic views you will return to the stables to find hors d’oeuvres. Hors d’oeuvres include a fresh vegetable platter, cubed meats and cheese platter, assorted desserts, assorted drinks and Live Entertainment as you gather with old and new friends overlooking the majestic horses below and Continental Divide beyond.
Horses and Hors d’oeuvres trail rides are available Saturdays 6-1-20 thru 10-4-20 leaving the barn at 4pm.
- $109 for adults (13 years and up)*
- $89 for kids (4 years to 12 years)*
- $40 for kids (0-3 years)*
- Private rides are available for an additional $150 extra per wrangler
- Sales tax of 8.275% applies to meal portion of total bill
- $7.50 minimum booking fee on all reservations
- 48 hour cancellation policy
- To make a reservation, click on the orange button!
- *Prices subject to change
- We no longer offer a complete dinner ride.
- PRICES INCLUDE helmet(optional), digital photo, 1 on 1 instruction, hors d’oeuvres, and approximately 1.5 hour trail ride.
- Fresh Vegetable Platter
- crisp, crunchy veggies with plenty of creamy ranch for dipping
- Cubed Meats and Cheese Platter
- bite-sized cubes of turkey, ham, swiss and cheddar
- Assorted Desserts
- dense chocolate fudge brownies layered with a variety of frostings
- Assorted Drinks
- Pepsi products and juices
Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as gift. Limit 1 per visit. Valid only for option purchased. Valid 6-1-20 through 7-12-20 & 8-17-20 through 9-30-20. Horses and Hors d’oeuvres rides offered every Saturday. Must sign waiver. All reservation must be made at www.breckstables.com. Call 970-389-1777 with questions. Booking fee applies. Sales tax of 8.275% applies to all Horses and Hors d’oeuvres rides. Reservations required. 48hr. cancellation required. Merchants standard cancellation policy applies. Reservations for 2020 begin 4-1-20.